Don’t know why the Spinal Tap joke didn’t occur to me last month, when we had 11 tower cranes. My bad. I’ve let you all down.
We lost none of our cranes since last month, and added one, at The Gateway Apartments (2050 West Ogden) in the Illinois Medical District. We also picked up two new permits: 354 North Union and 1371 West Randolph. And we’re holding out hope that 1000M gets going again soon. As for the other outstanding permits (345 North Morgan, 178 West Randolph, and 320 South Clinton)? Your guess is as good as mine.
Where are the tower cranes?
- West Loop – 4
- Illinois Medical District – 2
- River North – 2
- One each – The Loop (300 North Michigan); West Town (1454 West Randolph); Portage Park (Clarendale Six Corners); Gold Coast (Gild Chicago)
What are they building?
- Residential – 6.5 (300 North Michigan is half res/half hotel)
- Hotel – .5 (300 North Michigan)
- Office – 4
- Medical – 1 (UI Health)
Who has them?
- Power Construction – 5
- One each – Linn-Mathes (300 North Michigan); Clark Construction (320 South Canal); Skender (609 West Randolph); Ryan Companies (Clarendale Six Corners); Walsh Construction (Salesforce Tower); Global Builders (2050 West Ogden); Pepper Construction (UI Health)
Here’s a 12-pack for ya:
Enjoying the photos? Metra and CTA rides, Zipcars, Divvy Bikes, camera lenses, and comfortable walking shoes are adding up. You can help offset expenses by making a greatly-appreciated donation to Building Up Chicago.