I surprised myself Sunday and took the camera out for a spin. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t do that again until spring arrived, but my main man Carlos wanted to meet for breakfast in the South Loop, so I bundled up and headed downtown. A couple things to point out:
- It’s cold.
- Due to inactivity, I forgot how to use my Canon.
- That same inactivity has that Canon acting up a little bit.
- The operating system on my PC updated a couple weeks ago; the photo program has changed again, and uploading pics from the camera didn’t go well.
- The photo-editing program has changed, including no longer having a blemish removal tool, and for someone who can’t keep his camera clean, that’s a big deal.
- Clearly, I need to start getting more sophisticated about editing photos.
- I walked too much in the cold. My back, my knees, they’re not happy with me. I might have to go back to my plan of staying inside until the warm weather returns. We’ll see. I *did* enjoy being out there for awhile.
I’ll get a few of these pictures into posts over the coming days. I hit a half-dozen or so construction sites before I had to give up the chase.