Your Chicago Tower Crane Survey, March 2020 Edition shows 18 tower cranes scattered around the city.
Where are they?
- River North – 6
- West Loop – 3
- Lakeshore East – 3
- Six neighborhoods have one crane apiece – Near North (Old Town Park); Lake View (Panorama); The Loop (Parkline); Medical District (Rubschlager Building); South Loop (Imprint); Lincoln Park (Steppenwolf)
Who has them?
- Lendlease – 6
- Power Construction – 5
- Clark Construction – 2
- Onni Group – 2
- Three builders have one crane apiece: Walsh (318 N Carpenter); Alpha (The Bentham); Norcon (Steppenwolf)
What are they building?
- Residential – 12
- Office – 4
- Two types of projects have one crane apiece: Medical (Rubschlager Building) and Commercial (Steppenwolf)
- 1000M – Permit issued January 16
- 1277 East 60th – Permit issued January 27
- 1125 West Van Buren – Permit issued February 6
Can you explain why Vista Tower has plywood (?) running up the entire NW corner of the bldg? It has been there for many weeks.
Sent from my iPhone
Just part of the construction process, I assume.