Our Chicago Tower Crane Survey for August was out of date about 3 hours before it was posted. Let’s hope this September count stays relevant a little longer than that.
New Since August:
- 1. The Lincoln Common South crane. The north crane should be here soon.
Gone Since August:
- Elevate Lincoln Park
- Solstice On The Park
- Lincoln Common North crane (Permitted 08/04/17)
- Hoxton Chicago Hotel (Permitted 08/04/17)
- One Grant Park #2 (Permitted 08/24/17)
- 900 West (Permitted 08/24/17)
- No. 9 Walton (This may stay forever.)
- Eleven40 (Topped out, forms coming down this week)
Who has tower cranes:
- Lendlease – 9 (1 more on the way) –
- Power Construction – 6 (2 more on the way)
- James McHugh Construction – 6
- Ten construction companies have a single tower crane: W.E. O’Neil (The Lincoln Common, with a 2nd on the way there); Walsh (1326 South Michigan); Clayco (Cook County Central Campus Health Center); Pepper (Moxy Hotel); Centaur (Nobu Hotel); Norcon (Illume Chicago); Tishman (Aloft Chicago Mag Mile); Onni (Old Town Park); Linn-Mathes (Wicker Park Connection); Macon (No. 508)
What are these cranes building:
- Residential – 20
- Hotel – 6
- Medical – 3
- Office – 2
**I counted one of Vista’s tower cranes as residential, and one as hotel, for the Wanda Hotel.**
What else do you want to know? What else do you see? Which cranes have been taken down since I posted this? Let me know.