We last updated our “official” Chicago Tower Crane Survey back in June. So with August here, it’s time to get a current count of what’s in the sky right now.
New to the list since June’s count:
- Moxy Hotel. Not new because it was just erected; new because I erroneously left it off the count. It needed a permit, so it qualifies. It’s been up since May.
- 1326 South Michigan (soon to get a new name, according to Murphy Development Group)
- Essex On The Park
Gone since June’s count:
- Alta Roosevelt
- 625 West Adams
- The Apple Store
- Hubbard221/412 North Wells
- Nobu Hotel Chicago (Stub planted July 25; this will get Centaur Construction on the board)
- The Lincoln Common (Tower crane permit issued July 17; this will get W.E. O’Neil on the board)
- Solstice On The Park (Topped out Monday, July 24)
- No. 9 Walton (Seems like it’s been topped out for weeks)
- *Elevate Lincoln Park (Topped out, I think)
*Not only topped out, but it’s coming down as of Tuesday morning, August 1.
Who has tower cranes?
- Lendlease – 9
- McHugh Construction – 7 (6, now that Elevate Lincoln Park is gone)
- Power Construction – 6
- Linn-Mathes – 2
- All tied with one apiece: Walsh Construction (1326 South Michigan), Clayco (CCCCHC), Pepper Construction (Moxy), Onni Group (Old Town Park), Macon Construction (No. 508), Tishman (Aloft Chicago Mag Mile), Norcon (Illume Chicago)