Their names were Murdock, Rawson, Senn, and Jones. No, they weren’t the A-Team. They were four buildings on the campus of Rush Medical Center. Rendered obsolete by the construction of a new hospital in 2012, Rush chose to have them demolished rather than modernize or re-purpose them.
All over 100 years old, except for the Rawson building, which was built in 1924, the four are now history, with a large dirt lot where they once stood. Rush’s plan for the site will be green space, or what used to be referred to as a “yard” or “field” or, in much simpler times, just plain old “grass.”